Monday, May 26, 2014

TTT: Favorite Authors

Top Ten Eleven Favorite Authors:
Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they have a different Top Ten list topic that a bunch of bloggers take and make their own list of those things.
 
These are authors that I love for their books specifically, because if I were to choose my favorite authors on social media or that I've met in person, that would be a very different list. These are the authors that I trust to always deliver, whether or not I've read every single one of their books so far. This means that I am fully intending to read them.

1. Rick Riordan
He created Percy Jackson. He is a genius. Also, he's hilarious in a cruel sort of way (I mean, did you see the dedication in The House of Hades?) I've read all of his stuff, and in my opinion, it just keeps getting better. For the rest of my life, I will read whatever he writes. Every single book.

2. J.K. Rowling
Harry Freaking Potter. Nuff said. She's just brilliant. (Also, she gives a crap ton to charity, which is pretty dang awesome.

3. Brandon Sanderson
Working my way through his books this year has been a blast. I can't wait to keep reading his books, both those that are already out and those that will come out in the future. This is fantasy at its finest.

4. Jane Austen
Written magic. I'm spreading out her books, but she's already made my favorite list twice over. I'm sure she'll make it again and again.

5. Gail Carson Levine
She infused my childhood with magic, and I am forever grateful for that. She gave me heroines like me, flawed and weird, strong-willed and insecure. Her books changed me, and I'll be rereading them forever.

6. Rainbow Rowell
Eleanor & Park is beautiful. Attachments is freaking adorable. And Fangirl touched my soul and made me "Awww" very, very hard. Rainbow Rowell knows how to craft excellent stories. I can't wait to read Landline, too. I just know it'll be a new favorite.

7. Catherynne M. Valente
When I think of beautiful writing, my mind instantly goes to Catherynne M. Valente. Her Fairyland series is magical and enchanting and full of some of the best writing I've ever encountered.

8. Stephanie Perkins
The brilliant woman who gave us Etienne St. Clair AND Cricket Bell. I have a thing for nice boys in contemporaries, for me they're just better. And she writes some of the nicest. She also created Anna, a realistic and awkward girl that I related to a whole lot. I can't wait to read Isla this summer.

9. Sarah J. Maas
The Throne of Glass series rocks my socks off and has become my go-to recommendation for YA fantasy. I'm more than excited for the next four books in this series, because I just know it's only going to get better.

10. Leigh Bardugo
Speaking of the very best of YA fantasy. Miss Leigh Bardugo is so amazing. Her grisha is vivid and beautiful, as well as terrifying. I am so excited about her new series, because I know it will be just as freaking fantastic.

11. Melina Marchetta
Another wonderful YA fantasy author. Though I haven't read her contemporary books, I'm hoping to read them soon. Still, The Lumatere Chronicles is easily one of my favorite series of all time, because they are beautiful and touching and so well told. I really hope she writes another fantasy series in the future, because she is brilliant at it.

6 comments:

  1. Great list! I love how Brandon Sanderson is getting more love amongst the bloggers in the past year or so, it's great :) And yay for Jane Austen, Catherynne Valente, Rick Riordan and Rainbow Rowell :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! I haven't read every author on it, but I've read more than half, so I feel pretty good. There's a some I haven't read like Maas and Riordan that I haven't read, but want to!

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I whole heartily agree with #1! And 5,6,8,9, pretty much all of them =) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of the authors I've read on your list I completely agree with Leigh Bardugo, J.K Rowling and Rainbow Rowell. All brilliant authors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list. I've not read very many of these authors (actually, after counting, I've read five...) but I am going to go look at The Lumatere Chronicles. I've been hearing so many good things about it lately and finding out that it's fantasy makes me really curious.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uhm, holy hell this list is made of AWESOME. JKR, Sanderson and Maas right there are 3 of my top 4 favorite authors of ALL TIME. For life! And I definitely agree with you on Riordan (though I've only read the Percy books so far, I DO own the first books in Heroes of Olympus AND Kane Chronicles!) and Catherynne M. Valente (♥!) I've only read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (just finished!) but I loved it and plan to read more by her! I own Shadow and Bone but still need to read it - can you imagine?! Oh and Melina Marchetta is on the tbr shelf. Brilliant picks ^^

    ReplyDelete