Friday, May 9, 2014

Bout of Books 10.0

Bout of Books 10.0
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

I AM SO EXCITED! I've never -officially- participated in a Read-a-thon before, but now seems like a great time to start. I know that I have another commitment this week that is going to take up a lot of my time, but that commitment is something I love, so I'm okay with that.

I don't know how much I'll get read, but I hope it's quite a bit. I sort of want this to be my last reading sprint before my schedule gets crazy in the summer. So, I thought I'd share which books I'm planning on reading, and hopefully, finishing.

-The Hero of Ages by: Brandon Sanderson (I'm about 130 pages in now, but by Monday I'll be farther than that. I hope to finish it during this Read-a-thon)

-Why We Broke Up by: Daniel Handler

-Between Shades of Gray by: Ruta Sepetys

-Just One Day by: Gayle Forman

-City of Ashes by: Cassandra Clare (I have this on hold at the library, so it depends on whether it comes in or not)

Wish me luck! I have no idea how this is going to go, but let's hope it goes sort of decently.

No comments:

Post a Comment