Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Princess Diaries (#4-8)


 


The Princess Diaries (#4-8)
By: Meg Cabot
Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)    Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)   Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
Okay, I'll admit that books four, five, and six lost a bit of the charm for me. It seemed like we weren't seeing ANY development in Mia. she was still the selfish and naïve girl we've being seeing since the beginning of this series. That being said, I still thoroughly enjoyed them (I just found myself wanting to shake Mia a bit more than normal). But the important thing is that the slight dip in enjoyment didn't make me want to stop reading the series (not even close). I still loved reading about Mia and the gang's adventures. Although the "problems" between Michael and Mia often felt a little forced, but I still love their relationship. Tina Hakim Baba is still hilarious. Grandmere is still crazy. So there was still a LOT going for the books to keep them interesting.
 
And then I got to books seven and eight and they regained all of the wonderful things from the first few. I felt like more happened in them and that Mia learned a lot through them. For the first time her and Michael didn't have a perfect relationship and we saw her have to deal with that (even as badly as she did handle it). I saw character development that had been absent for a few books. And I have a feeling that the last two books are going to take off from here and be wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment