Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Son of Sobek

Son of Sobek
by: Rick Riordan
The Son of Sobek

This is a short story cross-over between the world of Percy Jackson and the world of The Kane Chronicles. And let me just tell you IT IS EVERYTHING I DIDN'T KNOW I WANTED. I first heard about it before I'd read the Kane Chronicles and didn't think I'd be this excited, BUT then I read them and realized that this would be one of the best things ever. Now, I'll admit that I was hoping to see Annabeth and Sadie meet each other as well as Carter and Percy, but I loved this anyway.

I knew that Percy and Carter could have a beautiful bromance were they to meet, and I was absolutely correct. They fought together and were sassy with each other and I loved every second of it. It was really cool to know all of what they were talking about and seeing each of them realize who the other was.

And possibly most importantly, Riordan alluded to (or at least left things open for) more crossovers in the future. I am beyond excited that this is a possibility. Sadie might meet Annabeth yet and there may still be more Carter/Percy bromance to come. I really hope that there is because THIS STORY WAS SO GREAT. that is all.

Hilarity:

"What Nome are you with?"
"Dude, I don't know what you're talking about. I don't hang out with gnomes. Satyrs, sometimes. Even Cyclopes. But not gnomes."

"I decided that if I survived this day, I would have to make sure this guy never met Sadie. They'd probably take turns insulting me for the rest of eternity."

"I'd shared the rest of my healing potion with Perccy, who for some reason insisted on calling it nectar."

No comments:

Post a Comment