Monday, October 28, 2013

TTT: Scariest Looking Book Covers

Scariest Looking Book Covers
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they have a different Top Ten list topic that a bunch of bloggers take and make their own list of those things.

So there were two choices for this week's Top Ten Tuesday, you could do the scariest covers or the your Halloween book choices. Both were kind of problematic for me because I don't read horror or "scary" books. But I decided to go with the scariest looking covers.

The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)
1. House of Hades
I consider this cover scary mainly because it features two of my babies fighting their way through the depths of Hell. When the cover was first released I might of shrieked a bit...okay a lot.

Midwinterblood
2. Midwinterblood
This was probably the creepiest book I have ever read. It had a way of getting inside your skin and intruding on your thoughts.

UnWholly (Unwind, #2)
3. Unwholly
I was reading this at school and I must have had ten different people come up to ask what I was reading. Each of them said that the cover was creeping them out and wanted to know what the book was about and if it was as creepy as the cover suggested.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1)4. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
This book has the creepy vibe spread throughout with all the vintage pictures and I absolutely loved it. The cover really captures the atmosphere of the book as well.

The Witch of Duva (The Grisha, #0.5)
5. The Witch of Duva
This is a short story by Leigh Bardugo set as a folk tale from her world in Shadow and Bone series. And just look at that cover! It's so creepy, man.

Sweetly (Fairytale Retellings, #2)
6. Sweetly
Yeah, I'm stretching a bit here, but the face is kind of scary...right? The bright purple kind of offsets that though. I don't know, just pretend you're a bit creeped out right now.

UnSouled (Unwind, #3)
7. Unsouled
Yep, I did just use two covers from the same series, but really, just look at this. Those faces are terrifying. These covers definitely fit with the vibe of the stories.

Shards and Ashes8. Shards and Ashes
Another stretch as this isn't too creepy, but it definitely looks like a scary place. You wouldn't want to live there, would you?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment