Saturday, August 31, 2013

Meeting C.J. Redwine and Rae Carson

This was my first book signing that I've ever been to. This is mostly because I live smack-dab in the middle of an area that doesn't get many visits from big authors (or anyone else, for that matter). So I when I heard that two of my favorite authors were touring together and would be coming within an hour of me, I knew I had to go.

In case you don't know: Rae Carson wrote The Girl of Fire and Thorns series (which is completed as of Tuesday).

The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1)The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns, #2)The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)

And C.J. Redwine wrote Defiance trilogy (of which only the first two books are out so far).

Defiance (Defiance, #1)Deception (Defiance, #2)

These are two brilliant series and really represent the best of YA fantasy/post-apocalyptic books. I knew from their social media sites that Rae and C.J. were smart, funny, and nice. But after meeting them I can most definitely confirm all of these things. They were really encouraging when I explained that I am an aspiring writer and they gave some excellent tips (such as finding your own voice and writing about your passions.)

Before the signing there was a question and answer segment and the discussion was all very pleasant and very important.

Basically this signing has made me even more excited for when I go to Yallfest in November. I'm convinced that book people are some of the best people.


No comments:

Post a Comment